March 20, 2003
At Marriott Mountain Shadows Resort
"Creating a Magical Guest Experience"
featuring guest speaker
Jeff Stipec, President
Meeting Recap by Cheryl Street, CHSP, CHME, Club Sunterra- Sunterra Resorts.
Intrawest Golf President Jeff Stipec has quite a few accomplishments tucked under his belt in the golf industry. After sharing the marketing positioning information about Intrawest Golf, Jeff discussed how they have successfully moved the guest experience to a higher level. These steps can be used in all types of businesses:
- Plan for good service: Consider the crafting of business systems, sense of arrival, guest flow, points of contact and seamless transitions.
- Need process and people: Define your process and build a service culture.
- Standards are measurable and auditable on a regular basis: Remember that circles of expectations have changed, so people expect more of their experience. Ensure standards by doing sites, team training, role playing, analyzing guest traffic, reviewing circles of expectations, and reviewing guest surveys.
- Tell the story: Evoke emotion, in all generations, with a story.
- Challenge the team to do better.
These steps have been incorporated in Intrawest's business plan and have yielded success. They have made the guest's visit magical. You can, too!